Tumblr is one of those social networks platforms that everybody has actually become aware of, but couple of know anything about.
While many may not know precisely what it is, Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platforms. You ought to take a look at the platform if you have not become aware of it in the past.
Concerning personal branding, Tumblr offers some distinct benefits to bloggers and services alike.
For example, the platform can help showcase their creativity or build an audience through quality material and customization choices.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look on top functions and benefits of using Tumblr, from composing tutorials to producing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing images, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site likewise has a “Reactions” feature, which permits users to reveal their feelings about something posted on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely adjustable. Brand names can customize their theme, layout, colors, font styles, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and create custom RSS feeds based upon their interests.
Creating an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the alternative to follow you. There are no private profile choices like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can produce different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually become more popular with its totally free mobile app, abundant API, customized design tools, and dynamic neighborhood.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that allowed users to share pictures, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service acquired popularity after being obtained by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took over ownership of the platform prior to being bought by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership moved again to Automattic, a parent company of WordPress that retains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 staff members at Tumblr.
- Out of their staff members, 57% are women.
- A lot of workers who operate at Tumblr stay with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blogs are hosted on Tumblr.
- Numerous celebs and influencers post on Tumblr, however the platform does not use the same blue check validated symbol you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly earnings for Tumblr is between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has hundreds of partners and thousands of commissioned art work.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- People can publish on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Despite the fact that they have been around for a while, 61% of brand-new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the 3rd most popular blogging platform on the internet completely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr stems from the U.S.
- For those brand-new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to get started publishing.
- The trending topics on Tumblr vary, just like any other website, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Relating to interest categories, many people discuss computer game, consoles, and accessories. They likewise discuss computer systems, electronic devices, news, and topics regarding universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s top rivals consist of Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are numerous advertisement opportunities on Tumblr, consisting of native advertisement experiences and custom chances.
- Tumblr is an independently owned company.
- In a current survey, 70% of users specified that they were satisfied by the performance of Tumblr. The leading 2 rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% customer satisfaction score.
- Tumblr has 135 million regular monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million check outs in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everybody to share its views specifying, “Tumblr is whatever you want it to be.”
- On top of the capability to publish day-to-day blogs, Tumblr likewise provides a liveblog function so users can blog as occasions or things occur in real-time.
- The majority of people (69%) utilize Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% use the platform on the web.
- In a current survey, when social media networks were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals recognized the platform.
- The leading quantity of users going to the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the UK and Canada users online at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and after that Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr prohibited adult content on its platform, a polarizing relocation.
- Mashable recommends that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge specifies that “The things that take place on Tumblr are entirely unique to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million day-to-day posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% in between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% determine as female, and 58.59% identify as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost material.
- You can produce custom-made HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, permitting users to modify or delete several posts at the same time.
- Users can quickly add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard faster way alternatives which make it much easier to develop posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading competitors consist of Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts developed every second on Tumblr.
- Concerning traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic comes from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% originates from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- Usually, users check out 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online community where anybody can create engaging and distinct material.
As you can see, it is likewise highly personalized, permitting users and brands to develop their perfect profiles. It’s also a fantastic space to discover and cultivate new audiences.
There are almost unlimited possibilities with the platform, and it deserves taking a look at to see if it’s ideal for your brand name.
If you’re wanting to incorporate more blogging choices and are thinking about integrating Tumblr, take a look at this post.
Included Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel